RiceAdvice Lite is a decision support tool based on the results and experience gathered form the use of the full Android APP version of RiceAdvice (also available form the Play Store) in Africa on a large scale over the last few years. Analyzing thousands and thousands of advices has enabled us to develop RiceAdvice Lite.
RiceAdvice Lite gives proven pre-season recommendations on fertilizer and other management practices for rice cultivation and other rotational crops in rice based systems for various locations, based on a very minimum amount of information to be provided by the farmer on location, crop and environment which will take around 1-5 minutes to complete. Currently RiceAdvice Lite includes the following countries: Nigeria, Burkina Faso and Senegal, and onion and tomato are included for dry season in Senegal River Valley, Senegal.
Impact studies showed that using RiceAdvice increases yields (by 7–20%), profits (by 10–23%) and nutrient use efficiency (American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 103(2): 596–619.). So why not give it a try yourself ?
RiceAdvice lite exists in two versions:
1. Android APP
- Android APP (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cocapacity.riceadvicelite)
- Web APP (https://lite.riceadvice.info)
2. Web APP
- After installation, no active internet connection is required during use in the field.
- RiceAdvice Lite switches between English and French depending on your default device language.
- No download required
- One can switch manually between English and French
- The advices are enriched with graphics
RiceAdvice Lite is provided free of charge.